It had been a glorious time for the two of them. They had gotten together during the last few months of their eighth year. Eight years of pining and suddenly Draco's dreams were slamming him against a wall and Potter's tongue was down his throat and then...well, then they were dating.
It was surreal. It was glorious. They snuck around and found makeout corners around the castle until that wasn't enough.
Then they lost their virginities to each other at three in the morning down by the lake as spring began to dawn.
It was around the time that fall began to roll around once more and the holidays started to creep up, that Harry broke things off. He lost himself in what-if's about things like family and outside pressure and he eventually told Draco that he didn't think he could commit.
Turns out that was absolute bullshit because here they were, the next winter, and Harry was engaged to Ginny Weasley. What Harry meant was not that he couldn't commit, but rather that he couldn't commit *to Draco*.
And Draco hated himself for still being in love with him.
Words: 4961, Chapters: 1/1, Language: English
Series: Part 2 of A Drarry Playlist
- Fandoms: Harry Potter - J. K. Rowling
- Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
- Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
- Categories: M/M
- Characters: Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, Ginny Weasley
- Relationships: Draco Malfoy/Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy & Harry Potter, Harry Potter/Ginny Weasley
- Additional Tags: Angst, Oh my god so much angst, post relationship, but they do get together i promise, also no ginny hate i really do love her, this entire situation is not her fault, harry fucked up, it was harry, all ya boy here, super fucking angsty yall